Wednesday, December 19, 2012

For Sale: One Extra Large Carpenter/Artist. Comes with Own Tools and a Months Supply of Feed. No Returns.

Yesterday afternoon after a busy morning, we decided to take a quiet break for 1 hour.
SHE has Her nose in a book.
I am also holding an open book in my lap. We are being quiet.
Me: "SO.......I cooked the ham and made the gingersnaps, the 2 mats are painted and I am going to varnish them this afternoon. I finished wrapping the gifts for Ontario and I've got everything ready to bring to town. I need you to cut the backs for the big orders and get down the jars from on top of the cupboard because I can't reach them."
She doesn't move a muscle, look at me or even acknowledge my words with a grumble. SHE is on a break.
 Me: "We have to add hay and grain to the shopping list and also, if you want chowder, we will have to get scallops. You have to call Aliant and also move the picnic table up onto the deck. I need to get some more tupperware containers......and cloves - I need whole cloves for the pork roast for the New years Eve party. Is it time to put the clothes in the dryer? I fed the goats and changed their water. Sophie seems great but Rosie is a little hoarse. Blanche and Stanley are outside. Should we get them all a little tree? "
SHE doesn't move a muscle, look at me or even acknowledge my words with a grumble. SHE is on a break.
45 minutes later, with Her nose and eyes still deep in the book......

Her: ".....and all this time I thought Rosie was a goat."

No comments: